Announcement on the competition for the Management Board Member, Chief Financial Officer of Joint Stock Company “State Savings Bank of Ukraine”
(text of the announcement, taking into account changes in accordance with the decision of the Supervisory Board of Joint Stock Company “State Savings Bank of Ukraine” as of 17.08.2020)
We hereby announce the call for documents from candidates for participation in the competition for the Management Board Member, Chief Financial Officer of Joint Stock Company "State Savings Bank of Ukraine" (the Bank or JSC “Oschadbank”) located at: 12G Hospitalna St, Kyiv
Core activities of the Bank:
The mission of JSC “Oschadbank” is to be No 1 customers’ choice in Ukraine, meeting the needs of all customer categories anywhere in the country and providing easy access to citizens and entrepreneurs to the Bank’s financial resources and services.
Core activities of the Bank are: banking and other financial services (excluding insurance services except when acting as an insurance intermediary), operations in the money, currency and stock markets, as well as other activities not prohibited for banks in the manner prescribed by the legislation.
Strategic objectives of the Bank:
- To increase the efficiency of the banking business;
- To keep the position in the corporate segment;
- To significantly increase its presence in the SME segment;
- To strengthen its position in the retail business;
- To optimise costs.
Key strategic tasks:
- Financial management function transformation.
- Continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives, preparing proposals for Supervisory Board and Management Board for setting strategic financial objectives.
- Management of financial resources, financial planning and financial reporting, including capital and liquidity plans.
- Directing and overseeing of the Financial Accounting & Regulatory Reporting (Chief Accountant) functions of the Bank, its accuracy and integrity.
- Development of effective policy and strategy in taxation sphere, evaluation of fiscal impact during long-range planning and recommendations on it.
- External audit process organisation.
- Ensuring timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecast.
- Implementation and support of comprehensive management accounting and transfer price systems.
- Ensuring effective compliance with the relevant policies determined by Risk Management and ALCO, in particular, those concerning short-term liquidity management, FX positions and fixed income investments.
- Cost management and control, budgetary monitoring.
- Administration of procurement process.
To participate in the competitive selection, a candidate should send to: email@example.com the following documents in Ukrainian and/or English till 18:00 Kyiv time 31 July 2020 (three weeks from the announcement date):
an application for participation in the competition;
An application for participation in the selection to Michael Weinstein, the Chairman of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of JSC “Oschadbank”. The application must contain the information about candidate (candidate’s full name, registration/residence address and correspondence address, contact phone number and e-mail and Skype details if available) signed by the candidate with a ballpoint (blue ink).
biographical data (CV) signed by the candidate with a ballpoint (blue ink);
a motivation letter signed by the candidate with a ballpoint (blue ink);
a competition proposal;
The competition proposal may contain a plan for transformation of the financial management function, proposals for implementation of cost management and control, proposals for improvement of the main indicators of the Bank's financial and economic performance etc.;
personal assurance to provide properly documented and certified documents, the list of which is given below;
consent to personal data processing.
Download the form
The candidates who will be selected and admitted to the second stage of the competition (whereof they will be notified separately by a recruitment company in free manner at the discretion of the company) must send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in Ukrainian and/or English within 10 days after receiving the notification of participation in the second stage:
- a duly certified copy of an ID document (each page of the document shall contain the inscription “true copy of the original”, signature of the person, surname and initials written with a ballpoint (blue ink);
- a letter in free format confirming the absence of conflict of interests or containing the information on relevant conflicts of interests and proposals on their elimination or settlement;
- a certified copy of the labour record book (if available) or another document certifying job experience;
- a certified copy of the document of higher education;
- certified copies of the documents confirming additional education, knowledge, managerial experience, and practical skills desired or required for performance of their job duties taking into account the key areas of activity, strategy and business plan of the Bank, and functional workload and scope of responsibility of the person (if such documents are available);
- a reference from a competent body of the country of tax residence of such individual, reference about the status of performance of such person’s obligations to pay taxes, fees, and other compulsory payments or confirmation / application / letter from a competent body or certified lawyer confirming that the tax bodies of respective jurisdiction do not issue such documents;
- a certificate of no criminal record obtained from a competent body of the country of permanent residence of the individual;
- information from a qualified credit history bureau(s) on the credit history of the individual;
- a reference from a banking supervisory authority or foreign bank where the candidate was holding a position during the last three years about absence of admonitions and facts of infringement of banking legislation and internal documents of the bank during the time of working in banking institutions (if the candidate held a position in a foreign bank for over the last three years);
- references and other documents at the candidate’s discretion.
Information received from candidates and contestants for the purpose of participation in the competition, results of assessment of candidates and contestants, as well as any other materials of the competition shall not be subject to any disclosure or dissemination by the Bank and by employees, officials of the Bank or third persons engaged by the Bank under the contractual terms, who gained access to it in the course of performance of their duties, except at the request of the authorized body, which is mandatory under the legislation, or when the disclosure of such information is required under the legislation or necessary for protection of the rights and legal interests of the Bank, its employees and officials. Information received from candidate or contestant for the purpose of participation in the competition may also be disclosed with the prior written consent of that candidate or contestant.
To read financial statements and statistical reporting, visit the Bank’s website at: https://www.oschadbank.ua/ua/about/reporting
A candidate for the Management Board Member, Chief Financial Officer must meet the following requirements:
- University Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in accounting, finance, business administration.
- Minimum 10 years in bank financial management, including management accounting, financial planning, internal and external reporting and strategy.
- Minimum 5 years in a senior management position in a bank applying modern financial reporting techniques (or equivalent experience in an international auditing or consulting firm working in the banking sector).
- Successful experience with managerial accounting implementation and transfer pricing.
- Experience managing the procurement process.
- Experience in maintaining relationships with IFIs, analysts and investors.
- The following certificates will be a benefit: CAP/CIPA, IPFM, CFA, ACCA etc.
- Functional fluency in Ukrainian or Russian; knowledge of English will be an advantage.
Stages and venue of the competition:
10/07 – 31/07
Submission of documents by candidates for the competition to: email@example.com
Дата після 31/08
Interview of finalists with the Bank Supervisory Board (in person or with the use of electronic communication means).
Address: 12G Hospitalna St, Kyiv
Candidates willing to participate in the competition must submit the package of documents to the recruitment company Pedersen&Partners LLC till 18:00 Kyiv time 31 July 2020 (three weeks from the announcement date).
Phone: +380 44 500 59 88
Contact person: Olha Tsapovska